Huntington weather every day!

Saturday, November 3, 2018

yellow-tamarack

Brilliant yellow tamarack in our front field

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 6:25AM it’s currently 44 degrees under overcast skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 98%, dewpoint 44, barometric pressure 29.59” and steady. We picked up 0.65” of rain in the past 24hrs. Yesterday’s high was 55, and the overnight low was 44.

Forecast:

Deepening low pressure will move through New England today and into eastern Canada tonight bringing periods of rain and strong westerly winds. Brief high pressure will build into the region Sunday bringing quieter weather into early Monday. Another low pressure system lifting through the Great Lakes Monday will bring the next chance of rainfall by the Monday night into middle of next week along with gusty south winds.

Today rain is likely. Highs will be near 46 with north winds 5 to 15 mph becoming westerly in the afternoon and gusting to 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100% with rainfall amounts between 1/4″ to 1/2″ possible. Tonight rain is likely, possibly mixed with snow showers in the mountains. It’ll be cloudy with a low around 30 and west winds 15 to 20 mph gusting to 34 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Sunday should be sunny with a high near 42 and west winds 5 to 10 mph becoming light and northerly in the afternoon. Sunday night should be partly cloudy with a low around 31 and southeast winds 3 to 8 mph.

Monday should bring a 40% chance of showers in the afternoon. It’ll be increasingly cloudy with a high near 45 and south winds 11 to 15 mph. Monday night showers are likely. It’ll be cloudy with a low around 40 and southeast winds 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 66 and a low of 35. We picked up 0.32″ of rain.

Burlington averages for this date are a low of 34 and a high of 51.
The record low was 15 in 2002 (we had a low of 9!)
The record high was 74 in 1982.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 7:31AM
Sunset: 5:38PM
Length of day: 10:06:59
Today will be 2:40 shorter than yesterday.

Daylight Saving Time ends tonight at 2:00AM so remember to set your clocks back an hour.

The Moon is a waning crescent, 25 days old with 22.5% illumination.
Moonrise: 2:33AM
Moonset: 4:03PM

About Today’s Photo:

The two tamarack (A.K.A. larch) that we planted in our front field several years ago have turned brilliantly yellow. Tamaracks are one of the only conifer trees that are deciduous, dropping their “leaves” each fall. The bright yellow of the needles is a fall bonus!

Panasonic GX8, Olympus 60mm macro lens, ISO 800, f/8, 1/80″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s