Huntington weather every day!

Sunday, June 18, 2017

buttercup

A dew bespecked buttercup in our front field

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 7:00AM it’s currently a balmy 73 degrees under partly cloudy skies. Winds are out of the south at 0-4 mph. Relative humidity is 83%, dewpoint 67, barometric pressure 29.77”. Yesterday’s high was 84, and the overnight low was 69.

Forecast:

We’ve got another very warm and humid day on tap today before strong to severe
thunderstorms arrive this afternoon and evening out ahead of a cold front approaching from the west. The stronger storms will be capable of damaging winds, large hail, heavy downpours, and frequent lightning, especially across northern New York into the Champlain Valley. Additional showers and thunderstorms are expected on Monday, along with the potential for localized flash flooding associated with very high rainfall rates. Cooler and drier weather arrives by midweek.

We’ll see partly sunny skies today with a 30% chance of showers and thunderstorms this afternoon. Highs will be in the upper 80s with south winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of rain 30 percent. Tonight showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly until midnight. Some thunderstorms may produce damaging winds, large hail, and heavy rainfall. It’ll be humid with lows in the upper 60s and south winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain is 70%.

Monday will bring occasional showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds, small hail, and heavy rainfall in the afternoon. It’ll be humid with highs in the lower 80s and southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain is 90%. Monday night showers are likely. Lows will be in the lower 60s with south winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain is 70%.

Tuesday showers are likely. Highs will be in the mid 70s with southwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain is 60%. Tuesday night should be partly cloudy with a 50% chance of showers. Lows will be in the upper 50s.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 84 and a low of 46.

Burlington averages for this date are highs of 77 and lows of 56.
The record high was 97°F in 1994.
The record low was 40°F in 1964.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 5:07 AM EDT
Sunset: 8:39 PM EDT
Length of Visible Light: 16h 45m
Length of Day: 15h 31m
Tomorrow will be 0m9s longer.

The Moon is a waning crescent, 23 days old with 41% illumination.
Moonrise: 1:37 AM EDT
Moonset: 2:05 PM EDT

About Today’s Photo:

It’s a good year for the diminutive buttercup! We’ve got a good crop growing in our front field, and there’s a spot along the Richmond Road just before the Farr Farm that’s carpeted with ’em.

Nikon D600, Sigma 105mm macro lens, ISO 800, f/13, 1/125″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s