Huntington weather every day!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

junco

A slate colored junco in the rhododendron by the house

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 7:35AM it’s currently 27 degrees under overcast skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 87%, dewpoint 23, barometric pressure 30.25” and rising. We picked up a slightly crusty 0.25” of new snow and have 7” at the stake. Yesterday’s high was 30, and the overnight low was 26.

Forecast:

A ridge of high pressure building eastward from the Great Lakes will bring a brief period of dry weather today and tonight, and maybe a few breaks of sun for this afternoon. A weak upper level low and warm front moving northeastward from the Ohio River valley will bring periods of light snow for Thanksgiving day. Only light accumulations are expected on the order of a dusting to 2″. Another weak low will move out of the Great Lakes Friday into Saturday bringing periods of light rain and snow showers.

We’ll see mostly cloudy skies today with highs around 32F and winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph. Tonight should be cloudy with low around 23F and winds light and variable.

Thursday should bring snow during the morning transitioning to snow showers during the afternoon. High will be around 36F with winds light and variable. Chance of snow is 70% with a dusting to 3″ of snow expected. Thursday night should be cloudy with snow showers mainly during the evening. Low will be around 31F with winds light and variable. Chance of snow is 60% with snow accumulations less than one inch.

Friday’s looking mostly cloudy in the morning then periods of rain showers later in the day. High will be around 39F with winds SE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain is 40%. Friday night rain showers in the evening should becoming a steady light rain overnight possibly transitioning to snow over higher elevations. Lows will be around 35F with winds light and variable. Chance of rain is 60%.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 31 and a low of 23.

Burlington averages for this date are highs of 42 and lows of 29.
The record high was 68°F in 1953.
The record low was 2°F in 1972.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 6:58 AM EST
Sunset: 4:17 PM EST
Length of Visible Light: 10h 23m
Length of Day: 9h 19m
Tomorrow will be 1m52s shorter.

The Moon is a waning crescent, 24 days old with 31% illumination.
Moonrise: 1:03 AM EST
Moonset: 1:47 PM EST

About Today’s Photo:

Slate colored juncos are a common critter in these parts all year long. Though not as flashy as some of our other regular, these diminutive little birds have their own charm as they forage below bushes and shrubs.

Panasonic GX8, Lumix 100-300mm lens @ 258mm, ISO 1600, f/5.4, 1/320″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s