Huntington weather every day!

Monday, March 14, 2016

vine-twist

A twist of vine above melting ice in our pond

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 7:55AM it’s currently 39 degrees under overcast skies. Winds are out of the southeast at 3-7 mph. Relative humidity is 43%, dewpoint 18, barometric pressure 30.16”. Yesterday’s high was  50, and the overnight low was 25.

Forecast:

A warm front and associated upper level low will move northeastward from the upper Ohio River valley and southern Great Lakes into the region today bringing mixed wintry precipitation to spots across the Adirondacks, as well as central and eastern Vermont today and tonight, with mainly rain in the St. Lawrence and Champlain valleys. Low pressure extending from the northeast westward across the Great Lakes will maintain periods of unsettled weather during much of the week with temperatures running 5 to 15 degrees above normal for middle March.

We’ll see cloudy skies today with slight chance of rain this morning, then rain or sleet likely this afternoon with little or no sleet accumulation. Highs will be in the upper 30s with south winds 15 to 20 mph gusting up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Rain or sleet will continue into tonight. Lows will be in the mid 30s with south winds 15 to 20 mph gusting up to 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Tuesday should be mostly cloudy with a chance of rain in the morning, then partly sunny with a chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs will be in the upper 40s with southeast winds around 10 mph gusting up to 25 mph in the morning. Chance of rain is 40%. Tuesday night should be mostly cloudy with a 30% chance of showers. Lows will be in the mid 30s with light and variable winds.

Wednesday’s looking partly sunny with a 40% chance of rain showers. Highs will be in the upper 50s with light and variable winds. Wednesday night rain is likely. Lows will be in the upper 30s. Chance of rain is 60%.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 43 and a low of 31. We had 15.5″ of snow at the stake.

Burlington averages for this date are highs of 39 and lows of 21.
The record high was 68°F in 1946.
The record low was -9°F in 1926.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 7:05 AM EDT
Sunset: 6:57 PM EDT
Length of Visible Light: 12h 50m
Length of Day: 11h 52m
Tomorrow will be 3m4s longer.

The Moon is a waxing crescent, 5d 10h old with 37% illumination.
Moonrise: 10:51 AM EDT
Moonset: 12:41 AM EDT

About Today’s Photo:

The ice is rapidly receding on our pond. This twist of last season’s vine reflects in the pooling water.

Panasonic GX8, Lumix 14-140mm lens @ 140mm, ISO 400, f/11, 1/80″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s