Huntington weather every day!

Saturday, August 8, 2015

A waning gibbous moon in a clear morning sky

A waning gibbous moon in a clear morning sky

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 8:15AM it’s currently 57 degrees under mostly sunny skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 98%, dewpoint 56, barometric pressure 30.04” and rising. Yesterday’s high was 73, and the overnight low was 45.

Forecast:

High pressure continues to dominate our weather with dry and seasonable weather through the remainder of the weekend. We’ll see partly sunny skies today with highs in the mid 70s and light and variable winds. Tonight should be partly cloudy with lows in the upper 50s and light and variable winds.

Sunday should be partly sunny with highs in the upper 70s and light and variable winds. Sunday night should be partly cloudy with lows in the upper 50s and light and variable winds.

A shortwave trough will approach the region Monday bringing mostly cloudy skies with a 30% chance of showers. Highs will be in the upper 70s with south winds around 10 mph. Monday night showers are likely. Lows will be in the lower 60s. Chance of rain is 70%.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 76 and a low of 49. We picked up 0.02″ of rain.

Burlington norms for this date are highs of 80 and lows of 60.
The record high was 97°F in 1949.
The record low was 45°F in 1929.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 5:46 AM EDT
Sunset: 8:07 PM EDT
Length of Visible Light: 15h 25m
Length of Day: 14h 20m
Tomorrow will be 2m33s shorter.

The Moon is a waning crescent, 23d 10h old with 34% illumination.
Moonrise: 12:35 AM EDT
Moonset: 3:18 PM EDT

About Today’s Photo:

I was stretching after my morning run the other day when the waning gibbous moon caught my eye. I just had to get a shot of it setting behind the white pines on the west side of our property.

Nikon D600, Sigma 120-400mm lens @ 400mm, ISO 200, f/5.6, 1/1600″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s