Huntington weather every day!

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

One of the peonies by the pond in full glory

One of the peonies by the pond in full glory

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 7:05AM it’s currently 50 degree under clear skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 99%, dewpoint 49, barometric pressure 30.15” and rising rapidly. We picked up 0.55” of rain in the past 24hrs. Yesterday’s high was 72, and the overnight low was 46.

Forecast:

High pressure is currently building into the region and will deliver a sunny and dry day with highs in the lower 70s and light and variable winds. Tonight should be partly cloudy with lows in the mid 50s and light and variable winds.

Thursday should start out partly sunny with a slight chance of showers in the morning, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon as another trough and associated cold front approach from the northwest. Highs will be in the upper 70s with light and variable winds, becoming southerly around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain is 40%. Thursday night showers are likely. Lows will be in the lower 50s with southwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain is 60%.

Friday’s looking partly sunny with highs in the upper 60s and northwest winds 10 to 15 mph and gusting up to 25 mph. Friday night should be mostly clear with lows in the upper 40s.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 83 and a low of 54.

Burlington norms for this date are highs of 77 and lows of 56.
The record high was 96°F in 1994.
The record low was 42°F in 1925.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 5:07 AM EDT
Sunset: 8:38 PM EDT
Length of Visible Light: 16h 44m
Length of Day: 15h 31m
Tomorrow will be 0m15s longer.

The Moon is a waxing crescent, 21h old with 1% illumination.
Moonrise: 6:23 AM EDT
Moonset: 9:21 PM EDT

About Today’s Photo:

The peonies by the pond are open in their full glory!

Nikon D600, Sigma 105mm macro lens, ISO 800, f/3.3, 1/3200″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s