Huntington weather every day!

Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Canada or Meadow lily blooming along the Lamoille River

A Canada or Meadow lily blooming along the Lamoille River

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 8:00AM it’s currently 62 degrees under partly cloudy skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 93%, dewpoint 60, barometric pressure 29.94″. Yesterday’s high was 78, and the overnight low was 52.

Forecast:

We’ve got a nice day on tap courtesy of departing high pressure. We’ll see partly sunny skies with highs in the upper 70s and southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight should be partly cloudy with lows in the upper 50s and southwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

A cold front will move into the region Monday kicking off several days of unsettled weather. We’ll see partly sunny skies with a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the morning, then cloudy skies with showers and thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce gusty winds and heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs will be around 80 with south winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of rain is 70%. Showers and thunderstorms will continue into Monday night. Lows in the mid 60s with southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain is 70%.

Tuesday’s looking partly sunny with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the lower 80s with southwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain is 40%. Tuesday night, showers and thunderstorms are likely as another cold front moves in. Lows will be in the lower 60s. Chance of rain is 60%.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 84 and a low of 62. We picked up 0.06″ of rain.

Burlington norms for this date are highs of 81 and lows of 60.
The record high was 95°F in 2010 (we had a high of 91).
The record low was 39°F in 1962.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 5:14 AM EDT
Sunset: 8:38 PM EDT
Length of Visible Light: 16h 35m
Length of Day: 15h 23m
Tomorrow will be 1m 5s shorter.

The Moon is waxing gibbous, 9d 4h old with 60% illumination.
Moonrise: 2:27 PM EDT
Moonset: 12:41 AM EDT

About Today’s Photo:

This stately Canada or Meadow lily was one of several blooming along the Lamoille River Rail-Trail yesterday afternoon up in Jeffersonville.

Nikon D600, Nikon 24-120mm lens @ 52mm, ISO 400, f/4, 1/4000″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s