Huntington weather every day!

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

An orb spider in the irises

An orb spider in the irises

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 7:10AM it’s currently 60 degrees and raining lightly under overcast skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 98%, dewpoint 59, barometric pressure 29.94″ and rising. Yesterday’s high was 80, and the overnight low was 57.

Forecast:

A weak frontal boundary over the region early today will move south as a weak cold front this afternoon. We’ll see cloudy skies with a slight chance of showers this morning, then partly sunny skies with a chance of showers this afternoon. Highs will be in the upper 70s with light and variable winds, becoming northerly 10 to 15 mph this afternoon. Chance of rain is 30%. Tonight should be partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers until midnight. Lows will be in the mid 50s with northeast winds around 10 mph until midnight, becoming light and variable. Chance of rain is 20%.

Wednesday should be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers in the afternoon as a warm front and associated low pressure moves up from the southwest. Highs will be in the mid 70s with south winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain is 40%. Wednesday night showers are likely. Lows will be in the mid 50s with south winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain is 60%.

Thursday showers likely. Highs will be in the upper 60s with south winds around 10 mph gusting up to 30 mph. Chance of rain is 60%. Showers will continue into Thursday night with lows in the upper 50s. Chance of rain is 70%.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 73 and a low of 46.

Burlington norms for this date are highs of 75 and low of 54.
The record high was 93°F in 1974.
The record low was 34°F in 1912.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 5:07 AM EDT
Sunset: 8:35 PM EDT
Length of Visible Light: 16h 40m
Length of Day: 15h 27m
Tomorrow will be 0m 43s longer.

The Moon is waxing gibbous, 12d 16h old with 91% illumination.
Moonrise: 5:52 PM EDT
Moonset: 3:18 AM EDT

About Today’s Photo:

This little orb spider was busy building her web in the irises by the pond.

Nikon D600, Sigma 105mm lens, ISO 1250, f/10, 1/160″ exposure.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s