This morning in Huntington at 7:20AM it’s currently 29 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. Winds are out of the west at 0-3 mph. Relative humidity is 71%, dewpoint 21, barometric pressure 30.17” and rising rapidly. Snowpack is down to 9” at the stake. Yesterday’s high was 51, and the overnight low was 29.
High pressure building into the region this morning will deliver temperatures
and dry conditions today with increasing amounts of sunshine. Clear skies and calm winds this evening will allow temperatures to quickly fall before warming after midnight. A weak disturbance will spread a wintry mix of precipitation in the mountains and mainly rain in the valleys on Tuesday night into Wednesday with only minor accumulations expected. The trend of much above normal temperatures will continue for most of the week with more rain arriving Friday into Saturday.
We’ll see partly sunny skies today with highs in the lower 30s and northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonigtht should be clear with lows around 7 above and north winds around 10 mph until midnight, becoming light and variable.
Tuesday should start out partly sunny in the morning, then become mostly cloudy with a 40% chance of rain in the afternoon. Highs will be in the upper 30s with south winds 10 to 15 mph. Tuesday night rain is likely with a chance of freezing rain. Lows will be in the lower 30s with south winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Wednesday’s looking partly sunny with highs in the mid 40s and light and variable winds. Wednesday night should be partly cloudy with lows in the mid 30s.
Last year on this date we had a high of 47 and a low of 32. We picked up 0.50″ of new snow and had 0.50″ at the stake.
Burlington averages for this date are highs of 32 and lows of 14.
The record high was 58°F in 1981.
The record low was -13°F in 1950.
Sunrise: 6:43 AM EST
Sunset: 5:28 PM EST
Length of Visible Light: 11h 43m
Length of Day: 10h 44m
Tomorrow will be 2m57s longer.
The Moon is a waning crescent, 23.5 days old with 36% illumination.
Moonrise: 2:13 AM EST
Moonset: 12:02 PM EST
About Today’s Photo:
A fading beech leaf takes on a mantle of fluffy snow on Crow Hill.
Panasonic GX8, Lumix 14-140mm lens @ 46mm, ISO 800, f/8, 1/500″ exposure.
The blog will be on hiatus until March 4. See you then!