Sunday, January 27, 2013
This morning in Huntington at 8:05AM it’s currently 1 degree under clear skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 86%, dewpoint -3, barometric pressure 30.48″ and rising. We have 4.5″ of snow on the ground. 24hr high was 14, low 1.
With high pressure building in this morning we’ll see sunny skies today with highs around 14 and light and variable winds. Tonight should be mostly clear until midnight, then become partly cloudy. Lows will be around zero with light and variable winds.
The roller coaster will be back Monday as a warm front will approach the region from the southwest Monday morning bringing cloudy skies and some snow, mainly in the afternoon. Snow accumulations should be in the range of a dusting to 2 inches. Highs will be in the mid 20s with light and variable winds, becoming southerly around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow is 70%. Snow will continue into Monday night with additional light accumulation. Lows will be in the lower 20s with southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow is 70%.
Warm air will deepen on a southern air flow Tuesday bringing cloudy skies bringing a wintery mix of snow transitioning to sleet and then rain. Highs will be around 40 with south winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Rain will continue into Tuesday night with lows in the upper 30s. Chance of rain is 60%.
At this point, Wednesday is looking rainy as well with temps in the high 40s to 50. There’s a fair amount of moisture in this system as well with predicted rain totals near 1″. (Sorry Rick, et. al….)
Last year on this date we had a high of 44 and a low of 32. We picked up 0.37″ of rain and had 2.75″ of snow on the ground.
Burlington norms for this date are highs of 27°F and lows of 10°F.
Record high was 53°F in 1996.
Record low was -29°F in 1994.
Sunrise: 7:15 AM EST
Sunset: 4:55 PM EST
Length Of Visible Light: 10h 42m
Length of Day: 9h 39m
Tomorrow will be 2m 23s longer.
The Moon is (still) the full Wolf Moon, 15d 17h old with 100% illumination.
Moonrise: 5:50 PM EST
Moonset: 7:03 AM EST