Saturday, May 26, 2012
This morning in Huntington at 8:15AM it’s currently 67 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 86%, dewpoint 63, barometric pressure 30.07″ and rising. 24hr high was 77, low 62.
High pressure currently pushing into the region will give us dry and sunny weather for the first part of the Memorial Day weekend. We’ll see partly sunny skies this morning followed by clearing skies later in the day. Highs will be in the mid 70s with northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Tonight should be clear with lows in the upper 40s and northwest winds 10 to 15 mph until midnight becoming light and variable.
Sunday should start out partly sunny in the morning then become mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon as a warm front heads our way from the southwest. Highs will be in the upper 60s with light and variable winds. Chance of rain is 30%. Sunday night should be cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Lows will be in the mid 50s with light and variable winds. Chance of rain is 50%.
Memorial Day should be mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs will be in the mid 70s with light and variable winds. Chance of rain is 40%. Monday night showers and thunderstorms are likely. Lows will be in the upper 50s. Chance of rain is 60%.
Last year on this date we had a high of 85 and a low of 50. We picked up 0.03″ of rain.
Burlington norms for this date are highs of 72°F and lows of 49°F.
Record high was 92°F in 2010 (we had a high of 88).
Record low was 32°F in 1969.
Sunrise: 5:14 AM EDT
Sunset: 8:24 PM EDT
Length Of Visible Light: 16h 19m
Length of Day: 15h 09m
Tomorrow will be 1m 38s longer.
The Moon is a waxing crescent, 5d, 12h old with 26% illumination.
Moonrise: 10:18 AM EDT
No Moon Set