Huntington weather every day!

Friday, March 16, 2012

A tiny vine twisted around a buckthorn thorn...

Morning Observation:

This morning in Huntington at 6:40AM it’s currently 42 degrees under overcast skies. Winds are calm. Relative humidity is 96%, dewpoint 41, barometric pressure 30.11″ and steady. We picked up 0.18″ of rain in the past 24hrs. 24hr high was 59, low 42.

Forecast:

A potent weather system and associated low front currently over the St. Lawrence Valley will move our way today bringing overcast skies with rain showers and potentially some thunder later today. Highs will be around 59F with light winds. Chance of rain is 80% with rainfall amounts near 0.2″ possible. Tonight should be partly cloudy with lows of 45F and winds from the WNW at 5 to 15 mph shifting to the North after midnight. Chance of rain is 20%.

High pressure will move in by Saturday morning bringing us clear skies and even warmer temperatures. Highs will top out in the upper-60s to low-70s with light winds. Saturday night should be partly cloudy in the evening, then clear. Lows will be around of 48F with winds from the South at 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday’s looking partly cloudy and warmer still with highs around 77F and light winds. Sunday night should be partly cloudy with a chance of a thunderstorm and rain in the evening, then overcast. Lows will be around 48F with light winds. Chance of rain is 20%.

Almanac:

Last year on this date we had a high of 42 and a low of 34. We had 18″ of snow on the ground.

Burlington norms for this date are highs of 40°F and lows of 22°F.
Record high was 78°F in 1990.
Record low was -9°F in 1963.

Sky Notes:

Sunrise: 7:01 AM EDT
Sunset: 7:00 PM EDT
Length Of Visible Light: 12h 56m
Length of Day: 11h 58m
Tomorrow will be 3m 6s longer.

The Moon is waning gibbous, 23d 13h old with 35% illumination.
Moonrise: 3:29 AM EDT
Moonset: 1:05 PM EDT

Signs of Spring

The woodcock is back in our front field! A good 10 days early by my records at that!

About these ads

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 307 other followers