Monday, November 21, 2011
This morning in Huntington at 6:35AM it’s currently 29 degrees under mostly cloudy skies. A fine crescent moon is peeking out from behind the clouds. Winds are out of the SE at 0-3mph here in the hollow. Relative humidity is 72%, dewpoint 21, barometric pressure 30.34″ and rising rapidly. We picked up 0.02″ of rain in the past 24hrs. 24hr high was 54, low 29.
High pressure will dominate the region for the next couple of days. Today we’ll see clear skies in the morning, then partly cloudy skies later in the day. It will be seasonably cool with highs only around 37°F and winds from the ESE at 5 mph shifting to the NE in the afternoon. Tonight should be partly cloudy in the evening, then mostly cloudy overnight and cold with lows of 16°F and winds less than 5 mph.
Tuesday’s looking partly cloudy in the morning, then mostly cloudy as a storm system moves in. Highs will be around 48°F with winds from the SE at 5-10 mph. Chance of rain is 20%. Tuesday night should be overcast with snow in the evening and mixed rain/snow/sleet after midnight. Lows will be around 32°F with winds less than 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Wednesday should bring overcast skies with rain. Highs will be around 48°F with winds from the SSE at 5-10 mph. Chance of rain is 80% with rainfall amounts near 0.3″ possible. Wednesday night’s looking overcast with a chance of snow in the evening and fog overnight. Lows will be around 21°F with winds from the NW at 10 mph. Chance of snow is 20%.
Last year on this date we had a high of 32 and a low of 20.
Burlington norms for this date are highs of 42°F and lows of 29°F.
Record high was 66°F in 1931.
Record low was 1°F in 1933.
Sunrise: 6:55 AM EST
Sunset: 4:20 PM EST
Length Of Visible Light: 10h 28m
Length of Day: 9h 24m
Tomorrow will be 2m 2s shorter.
The Moon is a waning crescent, 25d 15h old with 20% illumination.
Moonrise: 2:22 AM EST
Moonset: 1:47 PM EST